She arrived on her scheduled C-Section date, but in surprise fashion my water broke that same morning an hour before I was supposed to wake up to get ready to be at the hospital. She already has a mind of her own and regularly bosses us around. The birth went smoothly and recovery has been good. She was a big average size baby at 8 lbs 5 oz and a staggering 21.5 inches--no wonder I was so uncomfortable by the end! She was a pound and a half heavier than C and 3 inches longer. I have 2 more weeks of restrictions, and then it is on with losing the baby weight.
Sorry this post is scattered, but I am seriously tired (and for no good reason--E has slept 8 hours at night for the last week). I guess it is the months of sleep deprivation catching up with me. That and E LOVES to be held. I hold her almost constantly from 1:30-11:00 pm. She might catnap a bit during that time, but she loves her snuggles and comfort--and getting her cry on--during those hours. If you get morning E, she is the easiest, sweetest baby. Evening E is another story. She has bad baby gas that makes her very unhappy.
This first month she has loved kisses, her brother's voice, listening to brother sing, being read to with brother, and being held. E loves to eat, too.
nervous at their second meeting--really he didn't warm up to her until we got home
first time C held E. He has been hooked ever since
Easter at the hospital
back home the second night
Ready to go home
checking in to the hospital right before the big event











2 comments:
Congrats!
So cute. She is precious. Can't wait to see more pictures of her! Glad C is adjusting well.
Post a Comment